I am so excited to be able to share with you some of my favorite (and inexpensive) date ideas! As most of you know we just graduated this year, so over the past few years in order to spend some quality date time together without busting our budget we had to get creative. Some of these date adventures have turned into some of my favorite memories and are things that we repeat over and over again.
1. Instead of going out to dinner for your date switch things up and have a date breakfast instead! Going out to breakfast is a fun way to start your day/weekend with your special someone. The bonus of doing a date morning is that your bill tends to be a lot less!
2. Get outdoors, spend some time doing a hike or just taking an evening walk together. Sometimes we would just get in our car and drive around checking out the local scenery. Grab your camera and have fun setting a timer and taking funny pictures together or just capturing your surroundings. This is one of my favorite things to do with my husband. It's pretty much free and you have fun pictures to look back on :)
3. Camp indoors. Ok I know I said the last one was my favorite but this one is my FAVORITE because you get to pretend like you're camping even during those cold winter months. To camp indoors we would just blow up our air mattress and put in our living room. We would bring snacks and make a cozy bed with blankets and sleeping bags. Sometimes we would would have a marathon movie night or just hang out and play games.
4. Find your favorite local restaurant and hit up happy hour. Happy hour is so much fun because typically there are new menu treats for a fraction of the cost.
5. Make a "Date" jar, work together and write out little date ideas on paper and toss them in the jar. When date night comes grab something out of the jar and go have some fun. Sometimes you get to make dinner together, go see a movie, hike a new trail, go paint pottery or whatever is special to your significant other.
These are my top 5 favorite inexpensive date ideas. I hope they help spark your dating creativity and maybe you can try one of them out soon, but always remember no matter what you do be intentional with the time you have together